Here are given some fast/quick facts about Kolkata India. Check out Calcutta at a glance
Calcutta At A Glance
In this section, we will provide some quick facts about Calcutta India. These Kolkata fast facts will enable you to explore Calcutta at a glance.
- State: West Bengal
- Summer temperature: 30° C - 40° C
- Winter temperature: 30° C - 10° C
- Metropolitan Area: 1380 sq. km. (1991)
- Languages spoken: Bengali, Hindi, Urdu and English
- Altitude: 17 ft above sea level
- Best time to visit: October to March
- STD Code: 033
- Major tourist attractions: Victoria memorial, Fort William, Eden gardens, Birla planetarium, Howrah bridge, Belur math, Botanical gardens, Writer's building & Science city
- Educational Institutes: St. Xaviers College Kolkata, IIM Calcutta
- Major festivals: Durga Puja, Kali Puja, Saraswati Puja, Poila Baisakh, Makar Sankranti, Vishwakarma Puja & Lakshmi Puja.
- Major fairs: Calcutta book Fair, Poush Mela & Joydev mela.